A List of OAT Test Questions
Sample OAT Test Questions as Perfect Study Guide
The application process and university admission to best optometry programs is competitive. If you want to stay ahead of the competition, you need to comply with admission requirements and get good scores in your admission test. Study guide of your optometry admission test (OAT) is an essential material in which you can use as material to prepare.
Also, check out this oat sample test to be fully ready for the test.
Here is a list of sample OAT test questions from areas ranging from algebra, biochemistry, nuclear physics, reading and physiology that you can use to practice:
- If Sally can paint a house in 4 hours, and John can paint the same house in 6 hour, how long will it take for both of them to paint the house together?
A. 2 hours and 24 minutes (correct answer)
B. 3 hours and 12 minutes
C. 3 hours and 44 minutes
D. 4 hours and 10 minutes
E. 4 hours and 33 minutes
2. Which of the following is not a derivative of the amino acid (Tryptophan)?
C. Creatine (correct answer)
3. Which of the following element has the corresponding valence subshell of 2p4? Atomic numbers are listed next to the elements.
A. Nitrogen 7
B. Oxygen 8 (correct answer)
C. Neon 10
D. Magnesium 12
4. As the temperature of a surface increases, how does the rate of thermionic emission change?
A. Electrons are emitted at a lower rate.
B. Electrons are emitted at a higher rate. (correct answer)
C. Protons are emitted at a lower rate.
D. Protons are emitted at a higher rate.
5. The passage was found near 50 degrees S of ________.
B. The equator (correct answer)
6. Which of the following is not an anterior pituitary gland secretion?
C. Vasopressin (correct answer)
7. PAH is secreted in which of the following locations?
A. Distal tubule
B. Loop of Henle
C. Collecting tubule
D. Proximal tubule (correct answer)
8. Four of the ships sought a passage along a southern ______.
C. body of land with water on three sides (correct answer)
E. Answer not available
9. An electric dryer consumes 6.0 x 106 joules of energy when operating at 220 volts for 30 minutes. During operation the dryer draws a current of approximately?
A. 10 A
B. 15 A (correct answer)
C. 20 A
D. 25 A
10. Which phenomenon can occur with light, but not with sound?
A. Doppler effect
C. Polarization (correct answer)
11. Which of the following pulmonary term correlates with the definition: bronchospasm of the bronchial walls?
A. Wheezes (correct answer)
D. Pleural Rub
12. Which is found in the highest concentration in the urine?
A. Uric acid
B. Urea (correct answer)
13. Because of its high reactivity, which element is never found free in nature?
B. F (correct answer)
14. Where does spermatogenesis occur?
A. Seminiferous tubules (correct answer)
B. Corpus spongiosoma
C. Prostate gland
15. What is the concentration of a solution of 10 moles of copper (II) nitrate in 5.0 liters of solution?
A. .50 M
B. 2.0 M (correct answer)
C. 5.0 M
D. 10 M
Improve Scores with OAT Optometry Practice Test
Remember that some factors in your admission requirements weigh heavily than others in the application process. To ensure university admission, you should make sure that you get good score in your admission test. OAT optometry practice test can be used as a great study guide that will allow you to practice. Taking numerous OAT optometry practice test is recommended in order to mentally prepare you from the actual exam.
Yuo might also be interested in reading about optometry school requirements.