5 Best Optometry Schools in USA
Latest Ranking of Top Optometry Schools in US
For those who are interested in getting an optometry degree, it is best to apply to the best optometry schools in USA to assure academic and professional security. Find out the top 5 ranking of top optometry schools in US and the admission requirements necessary in your application process. You should definitely know how to write all documents and find good optometry personal statement example. Here are popular choices based on their education system and optometry programs:
- Ohio State University in Columbus – this one of the best public schools in the USA that offers the best optometry program. The requirements necessary for university admission is completion of undergraduate degree with the required prerequisite and course work, official transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation, Optometry Admission Test (OAT) and a personal interview.
- University of California – Berkeley – this is a public school with the highest in state tuition. The admission requirements are transcripts, letters of recommendation, bachelor’s degree, and grade point average of 3.0, completion of Optometric Admission Test (OAT), admission essay and by invitation interview.
- University of Houston in Texas – this is a public school with a pass rate of 93%. The application process requires transcripts, letters of recommendation, Optometry Admission Test (OAT), personal statement and interview. The applicant will also be reviewed based on their GPA, extracurricular involvement, work experience and other supplemental documents.
- Illinois College of Optometry – this is a private school with pass rate of 96.9%. The university admission demands the submission of academic history (transcripts, GPA, prerequisite courses, bachelor’s degree), Optometry Admission Test (OAT) scores, two recommendation letters, training and knowledge pertaining to internship, leadership and extracurricular activities.
- State University of New York College of Optometry – a public school with 95% pass rate. To apply, the admission requirements are undergraduate work with completion of the necessary prerequisite courses, good GPA score, and letters of recommendation, knowledge of the profession, leadership experience, additional training, Optometry Admission Test (OAT) scores and admission essay.
You might also be interested in learning more information about optometry admission test and how to pass it.
Apply to the Best Optometry Schools in USA Now!
The application process varies depending on which optometry schools in USA you prefer. Choosing a right optometry schools in US to apply is important when it comes to taking advantage of its training, education, facilities and opportunities.
Also catch up with the latest usful optometry tips if you want to start optometry career.